I have a low tolerance for non-mission critical tasks. Maybe Jesus wants me to learn patience and perseverance through these tasks but I really hope not. One of the things that drives me up the wall is the way we track people. It’s not the tracking that makes me crazy, it’s the method. I do not find the software we use to be particularly helpful in this regard because it lacks simplicity.
Here’s what I need to be able to do simply. Simply is the operative word if you haven’t figured that out yet. I don’t want to nor do I need to spend hours learning how to use another system. I need an intuitive program in the cloud.
What I need church software to do simply:
- Input attendance from communication card
- Input information requests from communication card (want info on baptism, membership, serving, etc).
- Input volunteer offers from communication card (want to serve communion, work with children, etc).
The last two would be even better if I could get a weekly E-mail report after the data has been entered.
- Input giving information
- Input commitment information
- Print giving reports both quarterly and end of the year statements that comply with the IRS
- Ability to send mass e-mail
- Ability for receivers to unsubscribe
- Ability for me to see who has unsubscribed
The software I’m currently using probably does these things, but as the only pastor and only full-time worker, it’s a complete waste of time for me to spend the necessary time learning how to use what I have to it’s full potential. I need an intuitive program in the cloud.